– Dr. Amor Chermiti, Tunisian citizen, has obtained, since 1994, PhD in Agricultural Sciences from Catholic University of Leuven in Belgium, after obtaining, in 1982, Diploma of Specialized Engineer from Agricultural National Institute of Tunisia (INAT), University of Tunis; Advanced Diploma of Agriculture (DAA) from National Institute of Agriculture of Paris, University Paris V, France, in 1981; Diploma of Agriculture Engineer from INAT, University of Tunis, in 1980.
– Has over 36 years experience in the field of scientific research and agricultural development, technology transfer, planning, strategies development and economic policies, management, cooperation and partnership, monitoring & evaluation.
– Has a good knowledge of agricultural sector and constraints to its development, given his experience in the field of research for regional development, coordination and implementation of many national, regional and international projects, especially those relating to transfer and valorization of research results to develop a high-value projects to strengthen employment & entrepreneurship in many countries.
– Director General of INRA Tunisia from 2004 to 2012, Head of research laboratory for over 20 years.
– Senior Researcher at INRA Tunisia, since 1982. He is a board member of Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA), representing North Africa and board member of International project “Africa Interact”, on impact of climate change on agricultural policies, urbanization and health, in collaboration with IDRC, CORAF / WECARD and FARA. He is a member, participating in activities or invited by different networks such as FARA Network, FANRPAN, PAEPARD, DUN (Desertec University Network), etc.
– Has coordinated over 30 research and development projects at national, regional and international level, in collaboration with national, regional and international organizations such as FAO, EU, USAID, UNDP, IFAD, GIZ, AfDB, IDB , IAEA, AOAD, ACSAD, UMA, CGIAR centers, etc.).
– He participated in many regional and international networks for research and development and has been called to teach and present lectures in Tunisian and foreign universities. He is president or member of many recruitment commissions and promotion of researchers and academics, habilitation and doctorate in agricultural sciences in Tunisia and abroad.
– He participated in national, regional and international committees of strategic thinking on agricultural and economic development policies with international organizations such as FAO, CGIAR, GFAR, FARA, ILRI, AOAD, AU, ALECSO, International Research centers & Institutes, professional organizations, etc. He is a founding member and president of Tunisian Association of Agricultural Researchers (ATCA), vice chairman & founding member of Tunisian Forum of Knowledge & Human Development (FTSDH), Maghreb Association of Agricultural Producers & Food Industry (AMPAA), board member of Climate Smart Agricultural Youth Network (CSAYN), active member of community development associations & civil society.
– He published over 100 scientific and technical papers in national and international journals/revues and author of two books. His researchs allowed him to obtain national and regional awards (award for the best scientific research of Arabic Maghreb Union: UMA). He is member of scientific committee of national and international scientific revues. He obtained, in 2007, the national order of merit.